With Brexit in mind, I created my module several months ago to help PrestaShop users comply with the new regulations.
This module has had quite a few evolutions since its creation and so I present to you the new important evolution.
To implement this evolution, I wanted to do it as close as possible to the needs of my customers.
As a result, I contacted my clients to find out their needs and strangely enough, I only got one response, which was nice, but did not really help me, since he had not yet installed the module.
Not getting demoralized, I decided to read up on this new feature.
How to report English VAT
This was my first question, not being concerned by this declaration since I only sell dematerialized products and have already implemented VAT management as early as 2015 and not on the latest evolution of European VAT management of 2021.
Nevertheless, one discovers the information with HMRC as for the implementation of recovering one's VAT number from the English administration.
When I looked at the texts, I could understand that the proposed system is identical to what I knew with the quarterly VAT return mini-window on the European Union.
So I was inspired by the developments that I have already installed on my site to precisely facilitate this quarterly declaration.
Recovering the VAT return
So I had all the data to successfully integrate this option and allow any user to easily make their quarterly English VAT return.
As a first step, I added a specific tab in my module, in which you will find, at the first connection, a form where you can enter the start date and the end date of the period to be declared.
You will also be able to select the order reports to export since there is no point in extracting non-billable or cancellation order reports.
We're into simplicity, as the data export is only for orders with VAT and English billing addresses.
No need to burden yourself with unnecessary and confusing choices.
VAT data mining
During the validation of the period, if you have no VAT collected for England, the module will inform you.
However, if you have orders concerned with English VAT, here is the simple information you can use for your declaration.
The VAT rate applied, of course if there are several rates, then they will all be filled in, along with the total amount of products and the amount of VAT paid.
If you look closely at the title, you will see that the currency of this accounting export is specified, which means that the export reflects the multi-currency offered by PrestaShop according to the configuration of your store.
And to check everything properly, you can refer to the complete detail for each order exported in this accumulation of amounts.
I hope this development will help users of my module when filing their English VAT returns.
And as always, if you are a user and feel you have a need that it does not meet, please feel free to contact me through the button in the module so we can discuss it.
- PrestaToolbox: https://www.prestatoolbox.com/international-localization/448-brexit-prestashop-17-module.html
- Addons PrestaShop: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/price-management/50761-vat-management-united-kingdom-brexit.html
3.0.0 - 06/27/2022
- Improvement of the FAQ
- Added export of accounting data for English VAT returns
2.0.1 - 05/12/2021
- Improved control of the application of the tax for United Kingdom
- Correction of some support text
2.0.0 - 03/05/2021
- Adding B2B options
- Withdrawal of VAT for professionals with a valid UK VAT number
- Implementation of the UK VAT number validation process
- Added an option to automatically fill in the company name from the VAT number
- Added explanation to remove the validation error of the module vatnumber developed by PrestaShop
- Display of EORI and VAT number on all United Kingdom invoices
1.8.1 - 03/30/2021
- Code rewriting for 1.7 versions below 126.96.36.199
1.8.0 - 03/22/2021
- Added option to block orders above the defined threshold
1.7.3 - 03/15/2021
- Correction of product tax display on PDF invoice
1.7.2 - 03/04/2021
- Correction to match Prestashop's discounts management
1.7.1 - 02/20/2021
- Fixed a problematic SQL query on some versions 1.6 of PrestaShop
1.7.0 - 02/16/2021
- Correction of the treatment of products having a reduction by amount and not by percentage
- Correction of an unnecessary and problematic optimization on the calculation of taxes for discounted products
- Correction of an error in Spanish translation
1.6.0 - 01/28/2021
- Separation of Northern Ireland from the United Kingdom
- Automatic configuration of the United Kingdom to accept to have states
- Automatic configuration to change the address format of the United Kingdom to request to choose a state
- Automatic state configuration to separate Ireland from the north of the United Kingdom without harming the other provinces
- Added an option to prevent orders below the set threshold to the United Kingdom
1.5.1 - 01/21/2021
- Added an override test if the module is disabled
1.5.0 - 01/16/2021
- Fixed a currency conversion bug
- Fixed a bug on PrestaShop stores that didn't activate the combinations
- Fixed a bug on PrestaShop versions before 188.8.131.52
- Improved cart price calculation on PrestaShop 1.6 versions
- Added an option to disable forced shopping cart refresh on PrestaShop 1.6 versions
1.4.0 - 01/12/2021
- Correction of the treatment of product prices exceeding the limit
1.3.0 - 01/10/2021
- Addition of several tests facilitating the configuration of the module
- Addition of a FAQ answering the main questions I get from the first users of the module
- Added display of UK VAT number and EORI number on all invoices exceeding the registered limit
1.2.0 - 01/08/2021
- Added compatibility with PrestaShop 1.6
1.1.0 - 01/07/2021
- Correction on the calculation of the total basket excluding tax, excluding shipping costs
1.0.0 - 01/05/2021
- Initial commit